Monday, November 14, 2011

Coming up next week on Light Speed Gaming

It's been another good week here on Light Speed Gaming.
Starting out with a video look at the Anno 2070 demo, where I went through the first demo mission in this sci-fi settlement manage-em up fro Blue Byte.
In the middle of the week it was time for another "Sci-Fi Do Want", this time blabbering about the awesomeness of the Predator shoulder cannon.

Shoulder cannons. Much better than wrist cannons

This Predator goodness continued in the Friday post, which was a "silly" post detailing the 10 reasons you don't want a Predator as your roommate.
Oh, and let's not forget the great class and unlock guide for Battlefield 3 that a guest poster contributed to the site with.
Finally, I gave you insight into the thoughts behind my class choice for Diablo 3, which is a consideration I'm sure that many of you have also already started to have.

But I have good news! Next week is, as always, going to be even better than the last.

I spent a chunk of my weekend playing through the small indie adventure game "To The Moon", which puts you in control of two scientists that are able to enter the memories of dying people and grant them their final wish.
The game is a very special experience and I'm gonna hit you up with a review of it next week, so you will know if you should take some time out of your AAA+ packed schedule to give this quirky little game a try.

To The Moon. You're not going to confuse it with Skyrim or Assassin's Creed at least..

I'm also going to fix you up with a review of Modern Warfare 3, but I'm going to make it a bit of an alternative review. I'll be looking exclusively at the single player campaign, and I'll give my opinion on, if it is worth renting MW3 just for the sake of the campaign.

Playing MW3 for the single player? What has the world come to?

And while I'm on this reviewing spree, why not throw in a book review I hear you say? (through the never ending voices in my head. Oh god, why won't they stop!)
Well, I am going to do just that. I have been reading the latest installment of the Warhammer 40k "Horus Heresy" series "The Outcast Dead", and I will be shining the unrelenting golden light of the Emperor on it as I pass judgement. The Outcast Dead is set almost entirely on Terra, which is something fairly rare for Warhammer 40k, so that alone could make it a really interesting novel to read for 40k fans.

The Outcast Dead - Heretical greatness or fit only for Exterminatus?

Finally I'm gonna spend a moment in the more thoughtful corner and talk a little about how I try to get the most of out my gaming as a "mature" gamer with lots of real life obligations and agonizingly few hours actually available to game. Read about my tips for enjoying gaming, even if you can only spare a few hours a week on your favorite hobby.

Plus news, off kilter humor, observations and my usual random ramblings that I sprinkle onto the site throughout the week!

Follow LightSpeedGmng on Twitter

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...