Wednesday, February 8, 2012

More than 50.000 Hyperspace travelers serviced!

It seems like only yesterday that I set all engines to ludicrous speed and launched Light Speed Gaming, but it's actually been almost five months.

Today I'm happy to be able to say that the blog has now been viewed more than 50.000 thousand times, or about 10.000 views per month on average!
When I initially started up Light Speed Gaming I had absolutely zero blogging experience and really had no idea if I would be able to get anyone at all to spend time reading my inane ramblings. I'm pretty blown away by how many people actually took time to stop by and waste a bit of their day here.


A big thank you to everyone that has read my posts! I hope that you're enjoying your time here and, as always, I'll be more than happy to receive any feedback you have regarding the site.

Here are a few fun facts about Light Speed Gaming after the first five months:


-The average time spent on the site by a reader is 59 seconds 


-Returning visitors make up about 10% of the traffic


-The most popular post, 5 Things I can't wait to see in Mass Effect 3, has had almost 2.600 views


Since the start of the blog I've had to ease off a bit on my ambition to deliver a new post every single day, and I've "cheated" a bit on some days and just posted a trailer that caught my eye.
I've also noted that writing about your hobby is a lot more hard work than you might think, and you got to be careful about it unless you want to ruin the enjoyment of spending time with it!

I can see that the daily traffic numbers are slowly increasing, so I'm sure that the 100k views mark will be reached a lot faster than 50k. Not that more traffic in itself means all that much, but it's nice to know that the stuff you spend many hours a week on creating actually gets viewed by an audience.
After all, I have a blog because I want people to see and respond to my work, otherwise I would have started a diary!

If I can make a small request to you as readers, it would be two things:

1) If you spend a minute here reading my posts, I would be incredibly grateful if you would use an extra 10 seconds to leave a comment. Comments are the best way for me to know if you like and/or are finding my writings useful. As a writer there is nothing better than reader feedback.Somewhat more commercial in nature. 

2) You may have noticed that I'm running a few ads on the site. 
Light Speed Gaming is not intended in any way to be a big income source for me, but I do spend a lot of time on the site every day, either creating posts or simply promoting the site or working behind the scene. I have also had a couple of giveaways that have come out of my own pocket, so it would be nice if the site could at least pay for itself. 
Therefore it would be much appreciated if you used the ads, whenever they seem interesting to you. I'm not asking you to just click away on every ad you see, but if you're in the market for a gaming mouse and you just happen to see an ad for one here on the sight, then why not take a second and check it out?

Again, I'd like to offer a big and sincere "Thank you" to everyone that has dropped by Light Speed Gaming.
Rest assured that I will work continuously on improving the site! 


Follow LightSpeedGmng on Twitter

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...