Monday, February 6, 2012

Light Speed Gaming Week in Review: January 30

People of Earth, do not be afraid! Though your planet has now concluded another seven complete rotations on its own axis in its continued impression of a cosmological dog chasing its own non-existent tail, be assured that these aforementioned rotational movements have not been wasted by yours truly.

Or to put it in another way; Another week has gone by and it's time to check out what went down here on Light Speed Gaming.

Last week was a bit slow, game releases are a rare beast in the early weeks of the year, and I've been spending some time on non sci-fi and gaming related activities (heresy, I know).

"Disappointed in SWTOR? I find your lack of faith...disturbing"

Nevertheless I did take some time and sit down to write the closest thing I'll be doing to a full review of Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Rather than trying to do a full review of SWTOR I decided to write about what I feel are my most important point about the game. The title of the post, "Why Star Wars: The Old Republic is ultimately a disappointment", will probably clue you on to guessing that I'm not altogether impressed by the game that BioWare has put together for us.

Aside from incurring the wrath of Star Wars fanboys I also dared to potentially upset another community of equal devotion, by writing up a review of "Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012".
But unlike my scribbles about SWTOR, this is a much more happy outcome for all involved parties, as I quite enjoyed my time as a card battling Gandalf.

Finally the week was capped off by me staying up too late into the night and subjecting you all to a bit of spontaneous fiction writing in a short bit of writing that I call; The Perils of Space Travel and You.

That's all from me for now. Though the sudden onset of winter is threatening to freeze off several of my favorite body extremities, be assured that more posts will continue to make their way onto the site this week!

Follow LightSpeedGmng on Twitter

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...