Sunday, January 8, 2012

Coming up on Light Speed Gaming on the week of January 9th

First week of 2012 is over and after all the post New Year buzz has died down we're left with the cold and grey reality that is January.

But fear not, as Light Speed Gaming is hear to cheer you up with brain paralyzingly* amazing science fiction and gaming content *(actual brains may or may not be paralyzed, not a guarantee).

Looking back at what I had for you this week, I started by cheering everyone up with a long rant about the problems of storytelling in Star Wars: The Old Republic and how I feel that the format of a MMO is negatively effecting my enjoyment of the storytelling.

At least we found out that Firaxis is making a "proper" X-COM game. That was good news!
After that ray of cheerful sunshine came my book review of Savage Scars, a decidedly unexciting Warhammer 40k novel that I must advise you to steer your Battle Barge clear of.

So two happy posts and then on to talk about the horribleness of the auction house system in Old Republic.
BUT! This time there was a silver lining to my complaining, as I explained how the terrible GTN auction house UI might be a good opportunity to get rich.

The week ended with my impressions Anno 2070, which I didn't really care for...

Well hell, seems like this was kind of a depressing week even on Light Speed Gaming. I do apologize if my lack of positive stories has contributed to worsening a growing winter depression, but let me assure you that next week is going to be much more up beat!

First of all I need to inform you that due to work obligations I will be working some night shifts, which may impact posting frequency over the week, but hopefully I'll avoid total brain meltdown and still be able to cobble something more or less legible together (so not much different from any other week, really).

I'll be writing up another Sci-Fi Do Want, which will be returning to my comfort zone of devices that can be used to violently kill people in more or less spectacular ways.

On one of the last days of the Steam X-mas sale I picked up Heroes of Might and Magic VI, but I've yet to actually get down to the business of actually playing the game. I'll rectify that situation this week and bring you a write up of my impressions with this turn based fantasy fest.

I'll also be throwing in a bit of humor with a top tips list for the Sith Empire of The Old Republic.

Finally I'll be putting together part 2 of my "Sith Journals" that will be available on MMOCrunch.com.
Check in and see how my Sith Inquisitor found his stay on the gloomy Dromund Kaas, home to the capital of the Sith Empire.

Plus random ramblings, crazy comments, odd observations and so on and so forth

See you all next week!

Follow LightSpeedGmng on Twitter

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...