Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Modern Warfare 3 Review Round Up

Modern Warfare 3 reviews are exploding onto the internet, bursting at the seams with the low down on the latest entry in the mega blockbuster FPS series.

A few people have been looking forward quite a bit to this game, I'm told.

It seems that the reviews are generally very positive overall. Here are the verdicts from some of my favorite sites:

Gamespot Review (8.5/10)
IGN Review (9.0/10)
Joystiq Review (4.5/5)
Giant Bomb (4/5)

It seems that the game breaks down in much the same way that I found in my review of Battlefield 3, in that the singleplayer campaign is a bit on the "meh" side, but a really enjoyable multiplayer makes up for it.
It does seem though that the campaign is of a quality that is better than what you had in Battlefield 3 (so you won't want to actively stab yourself in the neck while playing), and actually manages to provide satisfying closure to the story of the main characters in the Modern Warfare series.

On the multiplayer side, minor changes have been made to the competitive modes, which makes for a more interesting experience.
However, the part that I am personally interested in the most are the two co-op modes. Spec Ops makes a return, with missions that are apparently more fleshed out and feel better put together. A new entry in the co-op multiplayer is the new Survival mode, which lets you and a friend defend against waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
I always enjoy competent co-op gameplay, so these will probably be the two modes I'll find most entertaining, if I get into MW3 multiplayer.

Still, I think I will be sticking mostly to Battlefield 3 for my modern military multiplayer shooter antics, as I just prefer the pacing and the vehicular mayhem that the Battlefield games provide.

Follow LightSpeedGmng on Twitter

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...