Monday, January 23, 2012

Light Speed Gaming week in review: January 16

January marches on relentlessly with its cold, grey and generally soul crushing dreariness.
Or maybe that's just how January is for me?

In any event, the cold weather and the financial Christmas hangovers shall not stop me from bringing you more content right here on Light Speed Gaming!

Glowing purple wrist swords aside, the Reckoning demo was a big letdown for me

Last week kicked off with the second chapter in my personal SWTOR gaming journal. In this installment I traveled through the Empire capital world of Dromund Kaas and discovered the continued joys of tomb raiding.

I also spent a few good hours of the week in the company of the demo of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, and I took some time to share my impressions of the demo.
Initially I was pretty disappointed after playing through the demo on Xbox, but after also playing the demo again on PC I found it to be a significantly better experience. I'm still very much on the fence about the game but I'm crossing my fingers that the developers will tweak and bang away on it right up until the time it ships.

Another game that the developers are apparently still tweaking and banging away on is Diablo 3. This week Blizzard shared with us that they are still making large changes to game mechanics, which makes it seem extremely unlikely that we'll be seeing Diablo 3 anytime soon... Baaaaaaaah!

Finally I turned the brass crank on my steam powered typewriter and cranked out a book review of the steampunk novel "Boneshaker".
The book was an interesting trip into a corner of science fiction that I have very little experience with, and despite some concerns that I had with it, I found it to be an entertaining read all in all.

So that's what was on the table of sci-fi and gaming goodness last week.
I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for another healthy helping of blog ramblings from your favorite purveyor of video games and science fiction related scribbles!

Follow LightSpeedGmng on Twitter

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...