Sunday, December 11, 2011

Coming up in the week of December 12 on Light Speed Gaming

Another week has been forever lost to us in the hazy depths of time and that means it's time to look back at what nurturing digital gruel was served to you here on Light Speed Gaming and what we have cooking in our cyber pots for next week.

The first big blog nugget this week was my review of Skyrim, which saw me finally get down to the gritty business of passing judgement on the latest medieval shouting sim from Bethesda. 

Next up it was time to reveal the games that made it onto the top 5-3 places in the Light Speed Gaming Sci-Fi Game of the Year 2011 awards. Warhammer 40k made its presence known in this outing by wrapping its ceramic armored hand around two of the places.

A guest post introduced us to the TV show "Alphas" and why it could be the show that "Heroes" was supposed to have been. Thanks goes to James Ged for this post.

Kicking off the weekend was my attempt to create a Christmas gift buying guide by making a top 10 of great sci-fi blu ray movies. This list had the unintentional side effect of almost tricking myself into buying several of the movies and thus using precious funds that are earmarked for gifts to other people... stupid Christmas.

The week was rounded off by my post detailing my overall impressions of the Star Wars: The Old Republic beta test and a terrific guest post by Simon Horrick, who contributed with a great post on sci-fi and the movie he is working on called "Third Contact". A big thanks to Simon.

My god... it's full of stars!

So as we stand upon the precipice of the termination of this week and the initiation of the next, let's see what's in the works for you to consume on Light Speed Gaming.

Of course the major event of next week is going to be the launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic.
I've been covering this game extensively already here on the site and if you thought it was going to blow over with the launch of the game, then I'm afraid you can let out a Vader-like scream of "Nooooooo!", because I'll be continuing to jam in posts on the game once I have a chance to jump in and get my lightsaber on.

It's not gonna be all Jedi Knights and Bounty Hunters though. I have finally finished up Saints Row: The Third, which I have previously given my initial impression on. Now that I'm done with the story and have had a chance to mess around with various other activities (which may or may not include the usage of large pink dildos), I am ready to bring you my full review on the game.

And let's not forget about the big finale of the Light Speed Gaming Sci-Fi Game of the Year 2011. It's time to reveal the winner of this most coveted of video game awards (what? It's not coveted at all you say? Well screw you, I'm still gonna write it anyway and enjoy it!).

Speaking of said award, the poll for voting on *your* favorite sci-fi game of 2011 is closing in just two days, so be sure to cast your vote in the poll at the top right corner of the site.

I'll also bring you another installment in the incredibly famous and popular "Sci-Fi Do Want" series, which will probably return to something a little more warlike after the last outing, which discussed the qualities of the Spacing Guild Highliners from Dune.

Plus the usual mixed bag of stuff and things that catch my fancy as we warp across the space-time continuum getting ever closer to the termination of the chronological period that your Earthlings refer to as "2011".

Follow LightSpeedGmng on Twitter

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...