Sunday, December 25, 2011

Coming up on Light Speed Gaming in the last week of 2011

*Groan*...oh...hello there...ugh, Christmas has struck at me and left me more bloated and stuffed than Jabba the Hutt after an XXXL serving of chili con carne. Fortunately I have one day to recuperate before another "Christmas lunch" demands that I once again cram a straight up unhealthy amount of food inside my unsuspecting stomach.

Anyway, let's look at what we posted here on Light Speed Gaming this week, before we were struck by this Jesus powered holiday.

First up was my slightly delayed Saints Row: The Third review, which gave me a chance to agree with the Giant Bomb sentiment of "You really should play Saints Row".

I also shared some of my common sense pieces of advice on how to get 100k credits at level 25 in Old Republic. It's 4 simple steps that got me a decent sum of cash and resulted in me being able to get a land mount as soon as I hit level 25.

A Steam copy of Fallout: New Vegas was also handed out to the reader that shared the most interesting sci-fi experience of 2011. Oasis789 took the prize by bringing up the very cool convention "Singularity Summit", which you should totally check out.

I also spent some time ranting about video games marketing and some very questionable marketing methods.

Finally the week ended with a little home video, though rather than someone getting hilariously surprised by a falling bucket of water, or a dancing dog in a tutu, this home video demonstrated the Alderaan PvP battleground in The Old Republic and my complete inability to kick Republic ass.

So what is on the plate for the very last week of 2011?

Blowing up Alderaan. The Empire spares no expense to have the greatest New Years Eve fireworks

Well, again I'm finding myself owing you a piece of content that I promised in the last "coming up" post.
I said that I would be writing a humor post (what you see in the "Silly" category) but work and X-mas duties kept me from sitting down and squeezing the juice of my funny bones out over the keyboard (it's always such a mess anyways), so I'll strive to get that on the site this week instead.

In general this week might be a little slow, as I'll be finishing up on Christmas activities and commencing the New Years preparations (those funny paper hats won't buy themselves, you know).

But I'll also get in an article to sum up my impressions so far on Star Wars: The Old Republic, now that I've had a chance to sink quite a few hours into it. I currently have a level 29 Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer and am making my way through the still-unexploded Alderaan.

And there'll also be another installment of Sci-Fi Do Want, which will be on the subject of something a little smaller and less autonomous than the ED-209 from my last Sci-Fi Do Want.

Plus small tidbits of this and that that pass the rigorous, and completely unpredictable, Light Speed Gaming quality standards.

Follow LightSpeedGmng on Twitter

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...