Monday, January 2, 2012

Coming up on Light Speed Gaming in the first week of 2012

Another week is coming to a close and it's time to...what?...the week already *is* over? But what happened to Sunday? Yesterday, you say?

Hmmm... alright, it seems that day is lost in a haze of hangovers, but that won't stop me from doing my weekly wrap up of what I had for you here on Light Speed Gaming and what I'll be serving up in the days to come.

I started last week off with my impressions on Star Wars: The Old Republic, which I formed as 3 reasons to play and 3 reasons not to play. You can really boil it down to "It's a good MMO but it's still an MMO, with all the flaws and drawbacks that come with those games".

Next up was an exclusive interview with Muse Games, developers of the dieselpunk airship piloting game "Guns of Icarus Online". In the interview, Muse Games tells us all about their thinking behind this game, which looks to be quite different from anything else thanks to its class based, first person perspective take on piloting airships.

Just before New Year I vented some of my frustration about some of the really nonsensical things of the Star Wars movies. Even within the fantastical universe of Star Wars, these are things that stand out to me as being really silly and unlikely.

Finally, rounding out the week, or rather kicking off this week, I tucked in a small Sci-Fi Do Want about the computer UI from Minority Report.

Like the deserts of Tatooine, the stream of SWTOR content here on the blog is seemingly endless
So that is 2011 all boxed up and consigned to the archives of the past. What do I have in store for you here in the futuristic year of 2012?

Well, I did get a copy of Anno 2070 as a Christmas gift and I have finally gotten around to installing it onto my computer, so I'll be bringing you my impressions of the game. I already did a video look at the Anno 2070 demo, so you can take a gander at that and see what this game is all about.

Impossibly, I'll somehow find a way to bring even more Star Wars: The Old Republic content your way.
I'm not sure what form this content will take, so that will be a bit of a surprise (both for you and me).

Finally I'm also going to kick off 2012 with a book review. I recently finished reading the Warhammer 40k novel "Savage Scars", which tells the story about the invasion of a Tau planet. I haven't read any books with the Tau in them before, so I was really looking forward to reading through this book.

Naturally I'll also be sprinkling out other posts that my brain manages to cook up, so remember to check in every day and see what's up here on Light Speed Gaming.

Follow LightSpeedGmng on Twitter

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...