Monday, September 26, 2011

Battlefield 3 early beta access starting tomorrow. Start polishing your guns!

I do not normally play a lot of FPS games.

Although I have played first person shooters ever since Wolfenstein 3D, I must admit that as I have gotten older I find them less and less appealing, except for ones that feature heavy story and RPG elements (like Deus Ex).

But Battlefield 1942 really grabbed me when it came out, with its vehicular carnage that gave you a feeling of being in the middle of a scene from Saving Private Ryan (sans the silly brotherhood bonding parts, of course).


Don't look now, Johnny, but half of your torso is on fire again

Therefore I am actually really looking forward to Battlefield 3 in a way that I have not looked forward to a military FPS in a long time.
And I have even installed the misshapen abortion that is Origins onto my computer and placed a preorder.

That means that I will be able to start playing the multiplayer beta with a massive two (yes, 2!) day head start on the rest of the world. Schmocks!

Anyway, should you also be interested in trying out the multiplayer war glorifying phenomenon that is Battlefield 3, then you can place your preorder and start playing tomorrow.
Or, if you have near infinite amounts of patience, you can wait until Thursday and nab it without the obligation of such preorderingness.

For more info on the beta you can check out EA's official page on it here

See you in the warzone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...