Thursday, January 12, 2012

4 Tips to the Sith Empire in SWTOR

My work as a Sith Inquisitor has sent me across most of the planets in the galaxy of Star Wars: The Old Republic by now. It's been a great experience all in all I think, but I must say that there are some things in the world that boggles my mind.

No, it's not things like "where do Twi'lek's lekkus go when they wear a closed helmet?", or "how come I get my own interplanetary starship at level 18, but I can't buy a damn hovering scooter until I'm level 25?"

"Here's the key to your personal starship, sir. What? You want a scooter? Oh, you're gonna have to prove that you're a responsible adult before I can get you one of *those*."

Instead I've made some observations about the Sith Empire and some questionable decisions that they seem to have made and I've come up with 4 pieces of friendly advice for them:

How long does it take to empty out the four tombs that are *just adjacent* to the Sith Academy?!

Seriously guys, you've been on that planet for years and there are still priceless artifacts sitting in plain sight, literally a few minutes walk from the largest concentration of Sith scholars in the galaxy!

Now I know that it's nice to be able to give your budding apprentices a task, but wouldn't it be a lot better to just make a round and clean out the tombs and then place some trophies or something that you can ask the students to grab?

Wouldn't it be a good idea if the Imperial capital city was not in the middle of a deadly jungle?

Again people, you've built up a large fancy city but could you just send out a few guys to wipe out all the deadly predators that try to nom-nom-nom on anyone that steps a foot outside city limits?!

I know how crazy you Sith guys are about survival of the fittest and letting the weak perish, but do you really want to make traveling around your capital planet a test of survival skills?
Think of all those traders and civilian workers that have to pack some serious firepower if they wanna go for a stroll.

Stop sending out your troops at poorly scouted enemy objectives! It always ends in tears

I cannot count the number of times that an Imperial quest giver has initiated a conversation by stating how he's lost contact with squad X, often I'll show up just in time to hear him listen to the sound of gunfire and explosions through his comm piece as the squad meets its untimely demise.

Look, if a position looks suspiciously lightly defended, then there's a good chance that something nasty is waiting to kill you. Possibly by cutting you into smoldering pieces with glowing lightsabers.
And once you've lost that first squad that you sent in, maybe you should just hang on and gather a big group and not just keep on sending in people piece meal into the grinder.

Oh, which reminds me; You need to send more than a handful of soldiers to every planet

Whoever is doing the resource allocation for the Imperial forces needs to get slapped around with the sharp end of a lightsaber... or the glowing end... whatever, just cut the fool bad!

Every planet I travel to needs me to do the job of the Imperial army. Now I understand that there's an almost-war going on here and everyone is stretched thin, but it'd be nice to show up to a planet just *once* and have the Imperial commanding officer going "hey man, it's cool. We got this one. You just chill out and have a cup of Jawa Juice" (are there real Jawas in that by the way or just their juices? Seems like a disgusting proposition either way).

I offer this advice freely, though I will accept rewards for recognizing my brilliant insights.

Follow LightSpeedGmng on Twitter

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...