Sunday, December 18, 2011

Coming up in the week of December 19 on Light Speed Gaming

In a surprising turn of events it is now Sunday again after the passing of exactly 7 days. I am sure you are all as surprised by this as I am, but that means that it's time to look at what went down here on Light Speed Gaming and what's coming up next week.

Firstly, I must apologize for the missing review of Saints Row: The Third. My schedule has been a bit more hectic this week than I anticipated, and I also came down with a bad case of being seduced by the Dark Side and spent too many hours with Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Anyways, let's look at what hit us here at Light Speed Gaming this week, kicking off with my own attempts at writing some sci-fi fiction. I would again like to ask that you give me some comments, either good or bad, so I know if you'd like to see more of my fiction writings in the future or if you'd rather get violently stabbed in the eye with a dull spoon (or somewhere in between).

Another Sci-Fi Do Want was posted on Wednesday, where I regaled you all with how much I love the ED-209 from RoboCop.

Next was the grand finale of the Light Speed Gaming Sci-Fi Game of the Year 2011 awards, which revealed that Deus Ex: Human Revolution took the title as our best sci-fi game of 2011.

Saturday coddled us with a guest post from Tyler, which contained his favorite sci-fi movies of 2011, perfect for some movie gift shopping.

Finally I ended the week with the second half of my own sci-fi writing, concluding the tale of the destruction of the Arisen Imperial flagship "Lightbringer".

Deus Ex was my sci-fi gaming highlight of 2011. Well done, Eidos!
Now let's check the navigational charts and see what's up ahead for next week, where Christmas Eve looms in the horizon as a giant nebula of glitter and flying reindeer.

Naturally I will do my utmost to bring you that review of Saints Row: The Third that I neglected to finish up for this week.

I'm also going to be putting up some Old Republic content, which will be in the form of some commentated video of me playing some Hutball, one of the PvP battlegrounds in the game.

I'm also going to return to two of my old content categories that have been going for a while without a new post, namely "Point of view" and "Silly".
In my Point of view post I'm going to write up my thoughts on marketing in gaming, and I'm going to give some examples of some dubious marketing methods that I hope are not indicative of where game marketing is headed.

I may take a little posting break on December 24 and 25 as I celebrate Christmas with my family, but I'll try to put up a bit of content in case you find some time to pass by Light Speed Gaming in between your feasting, caroling and gift wrapping/unwrapping.

Follow LightSpeedGmng on Twitter

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...